GMC, or General Motors Truck Company, is a subsidiary of the popular US automobile manufacturer, General Motors. The current GMC lineup consists mostly of premium SUVs, pickup trucks, and vans that are targeted toward the high-end market. The Denali Series of GMC vehicles are especially exclusive, offering buyers unprecedented levels of performance, capability, and luxury at prices that match.
Latest GMC Lineup and New models
GMC’s latest models for 2020 and 2021 are a selection of premium SUVs and utilitarian trucks and vans. As such, many are offered with various powertrain, cab, and bed configurations - providing buyers with the customizability they need to configure the ideal ute according to their specific needs.
- Canyon: There are an abundance of pickup trucks sold in the USA, but if you’re looking for a well-rounded, midsize workhorse intended for everyday use, the Canyon is one of the best options out there. Within the expansive lineup, there is a 2.5-liter inline-four, a 3.6-liter V6, and a 2.8-liter Duramax turbo-four diesel engine available.
- Sierra: This half-ton ute is regarded by many Americans as a highly configurable, modern, and tech-laden cruiser. Unfortunately, it is held back by its bland interior and subpar impression of opulence. Nevertheless, a selection of powerful engines, light, medium, and heavy-duty capability, and the option of either rear- or all-wheel-drive makes this nameplate an attractive pick within the flooded segment.
- Terrain: With either a turbocharged 1.5L or a naturally aspirated 2.0L four-cylinder powering the front corners, this compact is no performance or capability purposed cruiser but rather a purely comfort-oriented one. Its specs include a sophisticated, commodious cabin, plenty of modern tech, and a refined ride quality, though all at a relatively pricey proposition.
- Acadia: A good all-rounder midsize cruiser, the Acadia brings decent affordability, a balanced ride character, and moderate levels of luxury to the catalog. It carries an aggressive exterior with large rims that hints at its ability to deal with any unkempt road, which contrasts its luxurious cabin that stipulates its favor for the finer things.
- Yukon: If you need to haul around seven passengers in the utmost of comfort and splendor, this full-size family sport utility vehicle is the way to go. A recent overhaul, which included an increase in overall length and a new air-ride suspension system, has resulted in an interior that boasts unprecedented levels of room in all three rows of seats and in the cargo bay.
- Savana: Available in passenger and cargo-carrying variations, the Savana nameplate is the brand’s urban operator. With multiple powertrain picks, wheelbase lengths, and other customizations proffered, these inner-city toilers are ideal for getting stuff done, a claim also backed by their leading reliability ratings.
- Hummer EV: Scheduled to debut sometime in late 2021, the GMC Hummer EV will be the first-ever fully electric automobile from the manufacturer. It will directly compete with other ultra-modern EVs such as the Tesla Cyber Truck and Rivian RT1. There are various versions and trim-lines for sale, the most outlandish of which comes with a 1,000-hp power source that sends it hurtling from 0-60 mph within three seconds flat.
- Denali Line: Most, if not all, GMC models are presented with a Denali trim-line, which is typically the top of the range in terms of outright performance and features. They’re the most expensive products from the brand and any nameplate with the badge is sure to exhibit an impressive showing in a variety of areas.
2021 GMC Cars and Prices
||2.0L Turbo Inline-4 Gas
||3.6L V6 Gas
||4.2L Inline-6 Gas
|GMC Hummer EV Pickup
|GMC Savana Cargo Van
||4.3L V6 Gas
|GMC Sierra 1500
||4.3L V6 Flex-fuel (FFV)
|GMC Sierra 2500HD
||6.6L V8 Gas
|GMC Sierra 3500HD
||6.6L V8 Gas
||1.5L Turbo Gas
||5.3L V8 Gas
What to Consider Before Buying
If you’re considering buying a new car from GMC anytime soon, it would be savvy to first check out the CarBuzz shopping tools section. Here, shoppers can peruse the extensive list of reviews on all new and used vehicles for sale in America. Every GMC review contains details on everything from performance to pricing, and there is also a ranking system as well as a comparison section, which makes it easy for readers to compare rivals.
FAQs About GMC Vehicles
How many electric cars does GMC make?
The Hummer EV is the only electric put forward by the manufacturer, though there are two types - the SUV and the pickup truck conversion.
What is the average price for a GMC Denali?
It wholly depends on the nameplate and model year chosen, but typically, these variants are the most expensive in each selection and usually cost anything over $10,000 to $20,000 more than the base MSRP.
What is OnStar?
OnStar is GM’s inclusive safety and security package that includes 24-hour access to caring advisors, a connection to emergency assistance, and access to OnStar hands-free calling in covered areas.